Saturday, April 5, 2014

NEEHU 5 Scene: The Hypno T + a Divney/Ashman Joint

"Whenever you look at the middle of the spiral on my t-shirt, it will seem like the most fascinating thing in the world, and you will find that your eyes get stuck looking at it. You'll lose your train of thought, and all your attention will be drawn to it. With an effort of will, you'll be able to tear your eyes away, but it will take more and more effort the longer you stare at the spiral. Eventually your eyes will just be captured. And once that happens it's only a matter of time before the spiral sends you into a deep trance, as deep or deeper than this one."

After a few repetitions, safety suggestions, and time for her to accept it completely, I snapped my fingers: "Wake up!"

I had a good feeling about this one, because GleefulAbandon and I had already used my t-shirt for an eye fixation induction twice that day, so she had the experience of staring blankly into the spiral on my chest - which is a wonderful, arousing sight from my viewpoint. Best Zazzle purchase ever.

But I underestimated how delightful this would be. We chatted a little bit post trance on the couch, while I kept a cushion over my chest. Then in the middle of her talking I dropped the cushion and she went, "oh." Her eyes widened slightly, and she was clearly stuck. After a few seconds, she went "Ah!" and looked away grinning sheepishly. "Pretty good, right? Look again."

Something I enjoyed immediately was watching her brain go to work on the problem - of course, that same brain that was playing this trick on her. She wanted to experiment, and discovered that if there was a fold in my tshirt she could position her head in such a way that the center of the spiral was invisible, and so she wasn't captured. The same if I just covered the center with the palm of my hand. But then I would straighten the fabric, or take my hand away, and she would be stuck again. I loved watching her go, "I can totally still look away! It's not too bad yet..." and then either breaking away, with great apparent effort, or go, "uh oh, nope, I'm stuck". For a hypnofetishist, those long periods where her eyes were stuck but she wasn't yet hypnotized, but it was now inescapable, and those slow eye blinks and slumping down were coming with time, were just gorgeous.

Part of my inspiration was knowing that GleefulAbandon is someone with a busy, curious mind, so that if she knew she wasn't supposed to look at something, she couldn't help but take a glance to see what it was she wasn't supposed to look at - and get stuck. "This shouldn't be so hard, you can just look me in the face, right?" And then her eyes would flick down, and that would be it.

We had a lot of fun playing with it on that couch. But the best part was the rest of the night in the dungeon, each of us on our separate business. I would stroll past her while she was talking with a group of people, and she would go "Ah shit!" and be stuck looking my t-shirt. Sometimes I would walk on, breaking the spell, and other times I'd stand there and she would be forced to explain to the people around what was happening to her. (I made sure to say to her at a couple of points, let me know if this gets old and I'll turn it off) Some of those people would help, blocking the spiral to snap her out of it, and some would hinder: like when her dom held her arms behind her and forced her to stare until the trance came on (hot), at which point she collapsed forward onto me - the first time I've had to catch someone like that.

So this was a series of lightbulb moments for me: a type of suggestion that works great in a public dungeon, and where other people can play along too. In particular that person's partners. It was the funnest. It was like a Warner Bros cartoon at times: she would be sitting chatting with someone, and I would sneak up and stand where she would see the spiral close up when she turned her head. "Ah shit." I had to get used to talking to her with her head or whole body completely averted, or with her holding her fist in the air to block it.

Later, we were chilling out talking about Howard Ashman - we both love musicals, and Menken/Ashman in particular - while I tried to decide on another fun post-hypnotic suggestion. Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors came up, and the line, "He'd snap his fingers and me, I'd say 'sure'!"



And then I had it. I reinducted her and told her that when I snapped my fingers, she'd say "sure". It was great to see someone crack up in trance, even as the suggestion sunk powerfully into her mind.

There was a sort of a startle, or indignance, each time she found "sure" popping out of her mouth, that I enjoyed each time. Highlights included people trying to figure out what was happening ("Is she saying 'shore'?"), her attempting to explain the song reference while I snapped throughout ("He'd snap his - sure - fingers - sure - and me I'd say - sure - sure. Ah!") and combining it with her exasperatedly getting captivated by the spiral: "You're having fun, right?" <snap> "Sure."

There were other great hypnotic experiences at NEEHU, but I wanted to get this one with GleefulAbandon down first and in detail, because of how it points the way to future hypnosis I want to do: themes of struggle with the self, games, and public stuff that is fun for others too. Really happy we made this connection.

No comments: