Saturday, February 3, 2018

I Support Furries

and if you’re a hypnofetishist, you should too. It’s objectively no more ridiculous and inexplicable than getting turned on by a swinging pocketwatch. With a different roll of the dice, all of us could have easily been furries too.

One of my best friends is a furry, and only found the courage to tell me after I told him about my hypnosis thing, after three years of working in the same tiny office together.

One of my favourite people I met at Charmed is a furry, and told me there’s a universe of hypnosis interest and innovation in that community that most of us have no idea about. The two of us will be collaborating on a project.

If your argument for stigmatizing people is “actions by specific furries are terrible,” or “furry culture is gross and busted in certain ways”, think about what you’re saying. Hypnofetishists are responsible for terrible things, and our culture is gross and busted in certain ways. (there was also an excellent post I can’t find about how furries support and respect visual artists in a way that almost no one else in our culture does - here’s an equivalent New York Magazine article) I know that some people are bothered by furries wearing their outfits in public, but like lots of other public expressions of sexuality and identity this hopefully can be navigated with mutual respect and tolerance - it’s not clear to me why it would fall into a different category than say age play, nudity, or the sometimes intense consensual-nonconsent scenes that can be seen around hypnocons.

I support furries and I want them to feel welcome in the hypnokink community.

No comments: