Friday, May 9, 2014

Fixation Objects I Have Used to Hypnotize People



I know a lot of inductions now, but I still love to use the eye fixation induction, because it's a classic, because it pushes my hypnofetish buttons with the blank staring and slower and slower blinks, and because it works great with most people I've tried it with. But once I realized practically anything can be used as a fixation object, I started to have fun with the possibilities. Hypnosis partners of mine have gone into trance looking at:
  • A glass crystal
  • A plastic crystal
  • A candle flame
  • My eyes
  • An optical illusion designed by a psychologist to create a sense of movement
  • A t-shirt
  • Light reflected on the surface of the Charles River
  • An animated gif playing on my smartphone
  • The eyes of a stuffed toy monkey
Oddly enough, never a pocket watch.

In honour of the fact that I have fixed commenting on the blogspot version of this blog, you should comment or retumbl with any unusual fixation objects you have used, or if you have any thoughts about the eye fixation induction!

2 comments:

HypnoMedia said...

* Hypno-Disk (just like the ones advertised in Silver Age comics books, in fact, considering the apparent age of the disk, it probably dated from that time period.)

LeeAllure said...

I have used a number of shiny silver items including rings, mirrors, whistles, the back of DVDs, polished fingernails, my eyes (so cliche, still works), various pocket watches, pendants, crystals, the tip of a pen...